Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Day After...

It's the day after the 4th of July. I had a pretty good long weekend. But before that, I just want to let you guys know that our chinchilla died last week. I said in my previous post that we took himto the vet and got some medicine for him but it didn't really help in the end. Maybe he was just too far gone. He died last Monday. It's so different now that he's gone. We're still trying to adjust.

I just got back from seeing 4th of July fireworks. I didn't even think of going downtown since I figured it'd be a real madhouse there so I just went to Celebration. It was still pretty cool although the organizers of the firework show seemed to have no real plan. There were a lot of dead spots and more than a few ened up fizzling out. I till had a good time, though.

Yesterday I went to the mall to do some research. I checked out Hollister, Pac Sun, American Eagle, Quicksilver, etc. to see what they were doing with their T-shirt designs. I saw a bunch of stuff that I want to try out on my own stuff. I have to say, working in fashion makes clothes shopping fun. In the evening I went to check out the holiday firework show over at Magic Kingdom. That was a mistake. It was totally packed there sicne they had scheduled the park to be open until 4am. I never saw so many people there at that time of night. People were packed in there like sardines. I don't think I'll do that again next year.

As for artwork, since I had 4 days off I had more time to draw than usual. I really wanted to work on my pages but I eneded up not even touching them. I did draw a couple of things, though. Here they are:

Infinite Kung Fu's Yang Lei Kung

A drawing of Yang Lei Kung from Kagan McLeod's Infinite Kung Fu. It's an awesome comic with touches of all the best 70's kung fu and blaxpoitations flicks. He self-publishes the thing himself so the release schedule is sporadic but the wait's worth it every time it comes out.

Black Coat

A drawing of Ben Lichius and Francesco Francavilla's Black Coat. Francesco's a good friend and a dangerous artist to boot. He's fast, prolific, and has fantastic sense of story. Check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home