Thursday, March 16, 2006

Some free time at last....

Actually, I'm writing this on my lunch break so it's not exactly free time. I've just been too busy with work and school. It's the end of the semester so all the work I've been putting off all semester is finally coming back to bite me in the ass. haha Anyway, I can't wait until this is over. It almost is.

I went to our Sketch South Sketchcrawl this past Sunday. It was a pretty fun event. I haven't had the chance much to draw outdoors so I really took the opportunity this time to do a variety of drawings. There was actually a St Patrick's Day parade going on in the park at the time but I was so busy drawing that I didn't really pay much attention to the costumes and the floats. Like Ed Siemienkowicz I probably could have gone longer as I was having too much fun drawing but unfortunately the light was gone by the time 6:30 rolled around. Here are the sketches I drew. I actually inked them last night b/c the sketches were so light that they wouldn't show up on the scan.

At the Park

This was drawn at the park, as you can see. There was actually a St Patrick's day parade going on in the street past the trees there but I was so busy drawing that I didn't bother coming over to watch. I couldn't see much of the parade from where I was sitting so you can't see any of it in the sketch.


Big Tree


This was a really cool tree at the park that just begged to be drawn. I wish i had some paints b/c it had such a nice colour to it, too.


Hugo and Joel


Here's Hugo and Joel sketching away. After sketching trees and buildings I wanted to draw some people.


Hugo, Ed, Erin


This was at a restaurant we ate at but for the life of me I can't remember the name of. They had some really good stuff. We had chicken and salmon bites and gator strips. The gator was really cool. First time eating them. Here's Hugo, Ed, and Erin sharing the fun. Erin moved while I was drawing this so I didn't do a very good job on her. Sorry Erin.


Lake


This was the final drawing of the night. We ended up going to the lake beside Rollins college. The light was fast going down but I had the time to draw this.

It was a really cool time, all in all. It's really got me wanting to do some more drawing outdoors. Ever since I got a digital camera I've been taking more pictures cause of the way it helps me capture those fleeting moments that would be tough to get with a drawing. The sketchcrawl just reminded me that there is some merit to going out and draw things outside too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mayor SRB said...

I'm writting a report and i'd like to acquire permission to put your artwork on the cover.

I work for a Recreation and Parks Department. This document would be internal and wouldn't likely see anyones hands but some office workers.

Still i didn't want to do so without acquiring your permission. Its the picture where you mention the st. patrics day parade isn't in the backround.

How about 20 dollars for a signed piece of paper for you to waive rights for me to attach a "copy and pasted picture" to my document? No real artwork required.

Lets get a dialogue going.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

Hey Steven. Thanks for the comment.

Yeah, that sounds fine for a one-time use on the cover of your report. If you'd like, you can email me further at musashi@zenwavearts.com .

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home