Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sick Day...

I was going to go out today and do some work on school projects I've fallen behind on but I feel crappy so I'm staying home. I had about 12 hours of sleep already last night but it still doesn't feel like it's enough. Mike at work thinks it's due to me suffering through allergies to all the stuff at work like shirt dander and dyes and stuff like that. It may be due to that although I still feel pretty bad here at home so I might just be sick. I don't know.

Anyway, Megacon was last week and it was really cool. I went there all three days and I don't think I got to do everything I wanted to there. It was cool to hang around with some Sketchsouth buddies like Nathan Wiedemer, Steven Mangold, and Hugo Giraud. I hung out with and on Saturday and I also got to buy a bunch of Indy GNs from the $5 table. There were some really cool stuff there by guys like James Kochalka, Scott Mills, etc so that was a real treat. I ate at Buca DiBeppo with the gang and then went back to Joel's House to watch Hugo's movie Dream on Silly Dreamer about Disney animators and the closing of Disney 2D animation. On Sunday I got to hang around with another online buddy James Mason who's an awesome artist as well. He has online comics on his website Urban Shogun so go check it out. I also got to watch a sword demonstration and had a lesson on basic sword techniques. It's something I never got to do before but always wanted to. The people doing the demonstration have a dojo here in Orlando. I don't have the time right now to practice it further with school and work but I'd love to in the future.

I also finished my first week at EOI. I know the website isn't much but it's actually a really cool place. This week we're all busy working on Hard Rock Cafe T-shirt designs so I was in a Hard Rock state of mind all week. I'm going to have to learn how to switch gears quickly but it's still tough for me to do right now.
The drawing here is an attempt at switching gears. I want to start working on some sequentials next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home