Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Week of Up and Downs...

Well, this has been a weird week for me. It started out all right but almost immediately collapsed and right now I'm just trying to pick up the pieces.

The wife and I started the week last Sunday with a trip to Universal. It was a great time to go. It's the slow time for the parks right now after summer but before the holidays so there weren't that many people in the park. We got to ride a lot of the rides we wanted to--even Pteranodon Fliers, the one that used to be only for kids. While we were waiting in line at the ride though, Barb slipped on a puddle of water and fell on the walkway pretty hard. Her thigh right now still has a massive purple-black bruise and still hurts a lot. That's #1.

Monday, I went to work and I got a call from my wife saying that she just found out that her grandfather's condition had worsened and they don't expect him to last the week. Her grandfather's condition has been pretty bad for a while now but it was still a shock to find out suddenly that time was running out. We left Tuesday for Punta Gorda to visit them. It was totally the right thing to do. Unfortunately we only had that day to spend with them. On Wednesday at work I got the call from Barb that her grandfather had passed away that morning. #2.

I also found out that day that they had to move 250 pages of story from Popgun 1 for space and mine was 11 of those 250. The book was set to come out in two weeks time and I was really looking forward to seeing it in there. So my story output in 2007 went from 2 to 0. Oh well. That's #3.

I was working on a story for Popgun 2 actually but I think I'll stop and re-prioritize. I already have potentially one to two stories in vol. 2 so working on a third one that may not even get in there is probably a mistake. As a result, expect some more Gilgamesh posts. I am still working on a couple of other projects like the spy project I had posted art from previously as well as a martial arts project. Here is art from both.





Finally some fanart. Wasn't a huge fan of Miller's DK2 although I did like it unlike the seemingly vast majority of people I know who loathed it. Carrie Kelley was a pretty cool character in the original Dark Knight and I think she unfortunately underwent the same reduction to caricature that happened to pretty much every character in DK2. Still, I liked her costume.



Now I guess I better go to sleep. I'm picking up my father in law from the airport tomorrow night so we can drive down to Punta Gorda for the funeral on Sunday. I need some rest.

Hopefully next week will be a better one.

6 Comments:

Blogger Craig Zablo said...

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hang in there, bro!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

Hey, thanks Craig. Hope you don't think I was having a pity party but I appreciate it.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Craig Zablo said...

Naw, it didn't sound like a pity party. It sounded like some bad luck came your way. Hope it passes soon.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

Well thanks, man. I really appreciate it.

12:14 AM  
Blogger John Beatty said...

Hope things have gotten better, Ron! See you sometime...

-JBeatty

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

I just had a huge pot luck lunch here at work so yeah, it's gotten better. :)
Thanks John!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home