Thursday, November 01, 2007

Commissioned Works...

I haven't done art for any of the projects I have going this week 'cause I've been working on a couple of commissions I've received. I'll be resuming work on the projects today!

Here are the commissions.



The guy wanted me to re-create a classic Alex Maleev Daredevil cover in my hi-contrast style. The DD was pretty easy to do but those buildings sure weren't. It was necessary, though.



The 2nd is an anime character from I show I don't really know much about. She was fun to work on too, though.

Also, on Joel's recommendation, I checked out the anime Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann, the new show from Gainax. What a frigging awesome quirky show. I'm up to the 9th episode, I think, and a very important member of the cast just left so I'm kind of trepidatious but also excited to see what's going to happen next. Great show.

Catch you guys later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig Zablo said...

The DD piece kicks!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

Thanks! It's a copy of an Alex Maleev cover, so he pretty much did most of the hard work.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home