Monday, April 30, 2007

Taking a breather...

...Not. I have a bunch of things I need to work on.
First things first, I need to work on a short story for an upcoming anthology. The deadline is the end of May and it's only going to be 10 pages but I need to get a move on. I want to do another story for that anthology as well so I need to make time for that. Here are some character sketches I've done for it so far.







I just finished a piece I'm submitting to Alberto Ruiz' annual. I wanted to colour it but didn't really have the time to, unfortunately. Here's the pic.



I usually just ink my pics straight in black and white but I wanted to play with the gray Pentel color brush again so I threw some greytones on there. In hindsight it probably would have been easier and better if I just left it in black & white and applied the greytones digitally but there's something to be said for natural media.

I also need to get some freelance jobs to supplement my income. Purse-strings are getting a little tight right now. Anybody know of any opportunities, let me know.

That's about it. Later!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work... especially the dame with a gat.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Dominic Bugatto said...

NIce work !

9:31 AM  
Blogger David said...

I really dig the design for the first guy. Very Mod meets Bond.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

Thanks guys! Glad you like them.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home