Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Been a While.

Well, it's been about two months since my last entry so I guess it's about time for a new post. I've kind of dropped off the online world in the past month or so since my real life has been so hectic lately.

Work has been crazy lately. Our team has completed art presentations to no less than four major clients in the past two months. The last one for the national parks we just finished today as a matter of fact. As always, our presentation to our main client, Hard Rock Cafe, was the biggest and most time-intensive. To really knock our clients socks off, we decided that we'd do murals for the showroom--something I've never done before. I'd say the mural turned out OK, I guess. Here are some pictures of the final result.





I know these aren't great pictures but it was tough to take good ones since there's a big frigging post in front of the darn thing.
The jury's still out on whether the presentation was a success or not.

I also attended the OrlandoCon with my Sketchsouth buddies Joel, Ed, Nathan, and Steven. It wasn't be most well-marketed or organized con but the venue was classy and we had a pretty good-sized booth. I also got to meet the great John Beatty for the first time. He's a great guy and an awesome artist, to boot. He's been one of my inking heroes for a long time. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet, be ready for the stories! He has a lot of them.

John also introduced me to his friends Craig Zablo who runs StalloneZone, one of the most popular Sylvester Stallone fansites, and John Higashi, who has one of the best Star Wars original art collections I've yet seen. I drew a "Get Carter"-era Stallone for Craig and an Obi Wan and World's Finest commission for John.





Unfortunately I don't have a scan yet of that World's Finest piece so I'll post that piece once I have it.

Man, it's way too late. I guess I'll continue this on my next post...

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig Zablo said...

Glad to see you're back. Thanks again for the "Get Carter" piece!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Ron Salas said...

Thanks Craig. And thank you for asking for one!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home